Thursday, March 17, 2011

A few of my favorite things... (updated!)

Now we all know this song, and this morning when I was making my coffee, I thought to myself, "Coffee is one of my favorite things." Instantly, I could nearly hear Julie Andrews singing, "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad. I simply remember a few of my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!" How many of you now have the song stuck in your head?!
So, I thought, "What are a few of my favorite things, and why?" Now, I have a lot of favorites, but they're mostly confined to warm, comforting things; hot showers, coffee, spag bol. Lots of blankets on my bed! But then I have a few other strange ones: walking around shearing sheds and cattle yards (now I know that if you're from the city, you'll be thinking, "That's pathetic! Why would someone want to look around a smelly old shed or dirty yards?" I can't really explain it, but I guess when you're used to it, it's a familiar thing. Also it's incredibly interesting to look at the whole set up. Especially if the yards or sheds belong to someone else!)

So the previous part of the post I wrote about 2 days ago, and I haven't been back to finish it. And then when I thought, "I'll finish that post!" I accidentally publish it. Oops! Ah, well.

I think Autumn is definitely here. I'm glad... Autumn and spring are my fovorite seasns. Mostly because of the temperature and the colours. Around here in spring, everything is a vivid green and all the fruit trees dotted around the hills are covered in either white or pink blossoms. Autumn I love because there is still a hint of summer, but there is a bit of chill in the air too. And the trees in Corryong go an awesome colour! It's just a tad chilly sitting at the computer. And there is a thick blanket of fog sitting on us in the early mornings. Lots of dew, and the trees (well, the deciduous ones anyways. I know that not all people know that eucalyptus aren't deciduous) are turning, changing colours. And the DSE (Department of Sustainability and Environment) are burning off (fuel reduction burns) the national parks. A lot of people complain about all the smoke in the air, but I love it. It makes it feel like autumn. I do like the fact that you have to wear a jumper outside in the mornings! I have to sit down one day and put some photos up here, but I just can't find the ones I want!

I have to go, my older sister, Ayala is coming home tomorrow so I have to go get things a bit organised. And of course, studying! ;)
With love,
Sarah

No comments: