Monday, March 21, 2011

Latin at work. Amongst other things.

Well, in the course of my 3 1/2 years working in pharmacy, you get to understand different Latin abbreviations. Such as the directions written on prescriptions by the doctors. Now, I'm doing my wound care training, and all the different parts of the skin are in Latin. Oh, I love Latin! It makes something feel very important :) An example: Stratum corneum = the outermost layer of the epidermis. So basically, the very outside of your skin. It's great. Adds just that extra dimension of interest. Anyways, enough of that...

Ayala came back home for the weekend. (as I'm pretty sure I've already told you!) It was so good! I love her so much, and she's been gone for 2 months.

Ok, so the previous 2 paragraphs were written about 2 weeks ago... I've tried writing a few posts, then get interrupted and don't get back to finish them. So I'll attempt to actually publish this one.

I'm not feeling so crash hot at the moment; my cousin, Abby, gave me her flu :P Lovely! Thank God for the invention of Cold and Flu tablets :D And Mum's cooking. Yum, yum. Soup and fried mush (last night's left over mashed potatoes with steakettes and onion). Pretty good tucker even when you don't feel like eating.

The Man From Snowy River bush festival was on once again this last weekend. I didn't see much of it, but there were thousands of people in town. It's one of the few things that brings our sleepy little town to life. We got so busy that the 3 places that sell diesel (the caravan park, Mildren and Coysh and McLean's') sold out. That's pretty amazing.

Feeding the poddies has become an interesting adventure in the last week or so. The big ones can now lick my chin, so fighting them off is quite hair-raising at times. They can be really rough. And they have EXTREMELY SHARP FEET!!! The little ones are really sweet. I promise to put some more photo's up someday soon. Photos don't really do them justice, though.

Enough rambling for now, I've finally got most of the news down...
Enjoy your day!
With love,
Sar

No comments: