Monday, April 13, 2009

Hey hey!

Hey every body!
Isn't it great that Easter is over with and we are free to get on with the rest of the year?! I don't know why, but between New Year's and Easter, I feel like I'm holding my breath. It feels like Easter is when the year really begins, as normal. Weird!!!

So, since my last post, a few interesting things happened... like one of our friends, Rachel, who is about to turn 12 came out for a 'girlie' day. We conned her dad into letting her stay for the night and the next day. It was really good, and it gave her a break from a houseful of boys! I taught her to ride the 4-wheeler (motorbike) and we sewed most of a skirt for her. But most of all we just had fun... and of course, the kittens got extremely spoiled :)

And on Thursday night, Mum and Dad had to go to a meeting with the other 6 farmers in our group to decide if we are going to stay with this milk company, or move to another one.
That day, I was working and it didn't seem to have much point for Mum to come pick me up at 3 pm and then go back in at 6:30. So I worked the full day, then went to my workmate's house and had a great talk with her and her husband, listening to their stories about living at Ayers rock and Alice Springs. Then Mum and Dad picked me up and we went to the meeting.
From what everyone was saying, it sounds like the milk company we are with at the moment don't want to keep us on as suppliers... and the group don't particularly want to go back to Murray Golbourn (one of the main companies). It is a pain being with a company with only 7 suppliers in this area, and being so far away from anywhere, 'cos the freight charge is getting ridiculous: we are getting 28 cents a litre for milk and they are taking out 9 1/2 cents for freight. It is not really worth milking anymore... Mum and Dad are getting less than $500 a week between them. :P The only answer is to keep praying.

It's the last week of the holidays! I can't wait 'til it's over :)then I'll be able to see the kids again, and we won't be spending so much money on fuel...

Tomorrow is my work mate's last day, and she will be replaced by my boss's boyfriend... He's not bad, but he's not the same as Lyndal.

It's really great, now. After the rain in the last week, everything is getting green and growing again :) green grass has to be one of my favourite things. And soon we will have feed for the cows... wonderful.

Gotta go,
God bless,
Sarah M.

No comments: