Saturday, April 4, 2009

lately... lots has been happening.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, we used up all our months supply of internet a couple of days early and there were a few more hiccups with it as well. But it's back now (sort of!) so here goes...
The Man From Snowy River Bush Festival (or just "the festival" as it's known to locals) has come again. It celebrates the life and death of Jack Riley, who the famous poem by A. B. "Banjo" Patterson was patterned after. So lots of horse events like campdrafting, cross country, etc. And don't forget poetry and singing! It is really famous; people come from other counties and states to see it. It goes for 3 days. Usually the locals go a couple of times then learn to time their holidays for this time of year. I don't blame them, last year 18 thousand people passed through the gates. :) Thank God when it's over!

Anyway, onto more important things. It's now school holidays! That means I have to work 5 days a week at the chemist. And I can't catch the bus in. So I can't wait 'til they are over!
Work has been really busy. And terrible too. Kate went away for a week and got back last Wednesday. While she was away, I was in charge of everything. I was so stressed out. And when Kate got back, everything was wrong and I couldn't do anything right. (one of the aides at the school said "She is probably just trying to reassert her authority") But this week she's been pretty good :)

In the last week, something hasn't been right with my stomach. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that I have most likely got an inflammatory bowel disease, I don't know exactly what it means, but I was told that I have to have further investigaton to be sure what it is... so everyone please pray!

And I'm saving the good news til last... drum roll, please! It rained!!!! Wow! Our oat crop has just started really growing, and the stress is off a little. It looks like we will have feed for the cows this winter. (We just ran out of silage) So praise the Lord!!! We got 17 ml I think. For Americans, that is just over 3/5's of an inch. Beautiful...

Until next time I write... lol.
God bless,
Sarah

No comments: