Thursday, March 19, 2009

*sgh*... again lol

Have you ever stopped and thought about how far you walk in day? I do. I'm on my feet all day. Make what feels like hundreds of trips to the front counter and back. And about 15 trips around the shop. I must cover a lot of miles... But today, I did more than usual. Today, I walked from the house to the bus stop (300m). Got off the bus at the high school. Walked to work (1 km). Did a few trips to the counter and back (around about 200 m all up, I don't know exactly). Walked to my boss's house (which is way back past the high school... It is probably about 1 1/2 km or more from work) couldn't find what I was looking for walked most of the way back, about 1 km (a friend offered to drive me the rest of the way) did more trips to the counter. Walked about 750 m or so to get lunch. Walked back again. Walked about 800 m to the bank. It was shut for lunch so I walked back to work. When it opened I walked back up there. And back again. Then I walked the 1km back to the school. Got on the bus. Walked home. Then I milked, and I don't know how many trips I make up and down the 30 m or so pit. More than 14... And I walked up and back from the house a couple of times, that's about 200 m. So that gives you an idea how my feet are treated! At the moment they feel flat...

But that (very basically) was my day. I did a few other time consuming jobs, but I spent my whole day tripping around. Lol. :D

Paula (the other senior pharmacy assistant) told me that she was very proud of me yesterday with the packs. That I had a go and worked everything out. She showed me how to do them properly today. It was really good.
She also told me that we did things that are totally illegal, because someone (not naming names...) can't be bothered to do things right. And it is really bad 'cos someone might die because of it. It's that serious. I don't know if I can justify being a part of that. I guess it's not my fault if my boss won't do the legal thing, I can't do anything about it. Except pray. And I hope that's all it takes. I hope it doesn't take someone getting killed.

Any way, on to a more cheerful note. The oats are starting to come up, Dad says. I am praying that we get some nice soaking rain soon to keep it growing :). And tomorrow, we might be milking 200 or so cows. We are getting rid of some friesians and getting Jerseys and crossbreds. So they will give us the same fat and protien (or more) for less feed. It's all about saving money.


Anyway, I have to go.
Sorry about the gloomy sounding post...
xoxox
Sarah Patrice

No comments: