Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In sickness and in health, I will praise Him!

Ok, so the title explains everything. Well, so not quite everything... I got that bit slightly wrong. I came down with a really bad cold this morning, I felt like I was going to pass out all day. I didn't. Anyway the point is I feel terrible. :P I'm praying that I don't get worse and that it will be mostly gone tomorrow. Please, Lord?

When I got off the bus this arvo, my little brother, Dan, told me that he had sprained his ankle (and btw it just happened to be his clutch foot). As a result I got roped into feeding the cows. "Good practice for driving a manual." I was told... I know how to drive a manual. I have a feeling that he momentarily forgot that I raked a lot during haying this year, lol. (It was even the same tractor that I had to drive tonight) But it was good.
It gave me a chance to look at the sunset and thank God that he had made it soo beautiful, and to think that each day He makes it different to any other He has ever made. It made me very joyful, and thankful. Although they don't begin to describe how I felt. It made me feel filled with love. For everything...
Isn't it funny that just the smallest things in life can make you so so so thankful, that He cares for each and every one of us even if some of us won't accept it. It must hurt Him so much that his love is rejected, and by so many people. I mean, He loved us so much He sent His son to die for us, that we might have life. Wouldn't you feel terribly hurt if you did that and people turned their noses up at it?

I haven't had the best days lately, but what has most overshadowed everything is that my Father loves me more than anything, and that's all that matters. No matter what has gone wrong in my life and all around me... that is all that will ever matter. If only everyone could feel the tremendous joy and love and hope inside me now.

With all that hope joy and love,
Sarah

2 comments:

Katherine Alice said...

Hey Sar,
I saw the sunset too, but was too busy to stop and look at it :( Did you see that huge cloud over the mountains? I hope and pray it brings rain...
Gotta go
Kath

SarahMCF said...

yep, I saw it but it hasn't bought rain yet. The sunset was perfect with clouds and the light shining through.
thanks for the comment,
Sar