Wednesday, March 18, 2009

:)

OK, it's only the second day Kate has been away and I'm so hadit already... Today the nursing home rang up and said, "Sarah, we need you to make changes to 4 patient's meds." These patients have a pack, so I have to make the changes on the computer and make new packs for them... Now I have only watched 1 pack made before, and have never tried it. So I fiddled around and finally worked out how to do everything. But one lady was put on a totally new medication and the doctor didn't give me a script for it, and another man was put on a med that we didn't have in. And to top it off, I had to leave at 3:OO. So I had about 3 hours to try bodge together some Webster Packs that I had no idea about. So I did the two that I could, and when I get everything tomorrow, I can do everything properly. And I was still late!

I've got a mansion
Just over the hill top,
In that bright land where
We'll never grow old.
And some day yonder
We'll never more wonder
But walk on streets
That are purest gold.

That song is one of my childhood memories. Labreska Hemphill sing it, or Vestal Goodman. I still love it :) Another one is "Looking for a city, where we'll never die. There the sainted millions never say good bye..." and so on. And "I'm gonna take a trip in the old gospel ship, sailin far beyond the sky. I'm gonna shout and sing til all heavens ring and I'm bidding this world goodbye!" I LOVED those songs!!! All the old timers on the Gaithers were the best! <3 There are many more old songs sung by people who have now passed on. And those memories can never be repaced. I think I'll always remember the songs, and they will be there when I need them. There is so much great theology in them, and if you know them when you are little, you won't forget them when you are old.

I'd better go,
:)
Sarah

No comments: